Saturday, October 23, 2010

Meerkats

Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park,South Africa,November 2009

When visiting KTP Meerkat sightings are always very special.
During our latest two visits, we were blessed with Meerkat sightings.
Sometimes while we stopped to take some photos, other cars did not even bother to stop and have a closer look which I think is a real shame.
Meerkats are sometimes much more entertaining, than sleeping Lions that do not move for hours.
Whenever I see them digging up their food and what big holes they create doing so, I always think, well I don't want to have them as visitors in my garden,lol.
But they are amazing creatures.
Whoever has seen Meerkat Manor knows what I am talking about.

So here is a (very small) collection of those we have met.....




1 comment:

gwen said...

That first photo is just .... wow :-)